Recipe from Bakerella1 box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. Make cake as directed on box and let cool once removed from oven.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1/2 can frosting
3. Roll mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package. *
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
*If making cake pops:
After melting chocolate bark in microwave, dip tip of stick in coating and put into the middle of the uncoated cake ball. This will help the stick stay in place after the bark dries. Next, dip the stick and cake ball into the melted coating and tap off the excess on side of bowl. The bark coating will dry quickly but it's easiest to have a styrofoam tray to place them in for drying. If you want to dip them in sprinkles, make sure you do it before the coating dries.