I love Butterfingers.
I don't know what they are made from, and couldn't describe the taste if I tried (buttery, maybe), but they are my perfect candy. If someone asked you what's in a Milky Way you'd be able to say chocolate, caramel and nougat (though nougat is an odd component in and of itself). But what on earth is a Butterfinger made of? Bliss, I suppose.
So here it is: world's simplest and quickest pie. In fact, this pie is so easy that I am going to have to physically restrain from purchasing Butterfingers because I would make it every time I had a candy craving. There's no need to make your own crust with a pie like this--just accept it for the ridiculously simple and delicious recipe it is. I used Light Cool Whip and 1/3 less fat cream cheese, but I'm still under no illusion that this pie is remotely good for me. Oh well. It's incredible.
Recipe from Food.com
- 6 (2 1/8 ounce) Butterfinger candy bars, crushed *
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) cartons Cool Whip **
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix first three ingredients together.
- Put it in pie crust.
* I used one bag of the smaller bars from the grocery store. It's around 12 oz, cant quite remember. While they were all still in their individual wrappers, I used a garlic press (first mallet-like thing I saw) to crush them. I saved three or four for the topping, and crushed those slightly less.
** I've mentioned this before, but generic brand Cool Whip is one of the few ingredients that I think works just as well when cooking. It'll save you a whopping dollar or so, which you can then use to justify Philadelphia Cream Cheese...because all cream cheeses are not created equal.